This motor combines the superior performance of our high torque motor with our latest technology advancements in efficiency to achieve superior overall performance in a stepping motor. Three stack lengths to choose from in a 1.65 in. (42 mm) frame offer holding torque performance 1.2 ~ 1.5 times greater than a conventional stepping motor.
- Lower cost of ownership through the reduction of cooling needs.
- Increased service life of the motor due to cooler operating temperatures.
- Reduces problems found with thermal expansion.
- This technology allows for up to 78% lower temperature rise (measured in °C) on the motor case when compared to a conventional stepping motor.
Up to 40% less power is consumed at rated current when compared to conventional stepping motor models also at rated current. This high efficiency stepping motor allows for smaller power supplies to be used to power the motor / driver.
CO2 emission: up to 15 kg (33 lb) less than a conventional model
Amount of CO2:
- Conventional Model - 37 kg/yr (81 lb/yr)
- PKE245DB-L - 22kg/yr (48 lb/yr)
High Torque Type
This motor combines high torque and a compact size. Five frame sizes are available: 0.79 in. (20mm), 1.10 in. (28mm), 1.38 in. (35mm), 1.65 in. (42mm) and 2.22 in. (56.4mm). Each specification provides torque equivalent to a motor of the next larger frame size, supporting high-torque operation even in the high-speed range. For example, high torque type PK246PB [motor frame size 1.65 in. (42mm)] has the same holding torque as the standard type PK266-01B [motor frame size 2.22 in. (56.4mm)]. This means a smaller size motor will maintain the same torque. This allows for downsized and lightweight equipment.
Encoder Option Available
The PK Series stepping motor with encoder offers high torque and precise feedback capability.
- Encoder Feedback Type: Incremental
- Two feedback resolutions: 200 and 400 pulses/rev.
- 2-channel or 3-channel
- Provides closed loop system capability